The Lifelong Learning Weekend WhatsApp courses which are scheduled for November and December 2017 are listed below:
The Sunday in person meetings for both these will be held at the same place, the WOODs, Greenwood City, Sector 46 Gurgaon. The WOODs is located opposite Unitech Cyber Park, between Vista Villas and Residenct Greens.
Participation happens with prior registration by sending a WhatsApp message to +919810073724 and sending RSVP for the specific W4LL event at Meetup.com
Rolling in and Networking : 9:45 to 10:00 am
Session 1: 10:00 am to 11:15 am
Tea and Selfie Break : 11:15 am to 11:45 am
Session 2: 11:45 am to 1:00 pm
On the Saturday preceding the scheduled Sunday in person event, a two day WhatsApp course is planned to be run on the same topic. The schedule for these WhatsApp based courses is also listed below:
Saturday November 11th Sunday November 12th : Learning Weekend: WhatsApp course on ‘What is worth Learning?’
Sunday November 12th : In person meet on ‘ What is worth Learning? ’ from 10am to 1pm.
Saturday December 9th and Sunday December 10th : Learning Weekend : WhatsApp course on ‘ The Rich Indian learning heritage’
Sunday December 10th : In person meet on ‘The Rich Indian learning heritage’ from 10am to 1pm.
Prof. M.M.Pant has a Ph.D in Computational Physics, along with a Professional Law Degree, and has been a practitioner in the fields of Law, IT enabled education and IT implementation.
Drawing upon his experience in world class international institutions and having taught in various modes of Face-to-Face, Distance Learning and Technology Enhanced Training, Prof. Pant is now exploring the nature of institutions which will be successors to the IITs, which represented the 1960s, IIMs, which represented the 1970 and Open Universities which were the rage of 1980s & 90s.
He believes that the convergence between various media and technologies would fundamentally alter the way learning would be created, packaged, and delivered to learners. His current activities are all directed toward actual implementation of these new age educational initiatives that transform education in the post Internet post WTO era..
Prof. Pant, has been a Former Pro-Vice Chancellor, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and has been on the faculty of IIT – Kanpur (the premier Engineering institution in India), MLNR Engineering College and Faculty & Visiting Professor - University of Western Ontario-Canada.
He has been visiting scientist to research centers in Italy, England, Germany & Sweden and has delivered international lectures with about 80 papers published.
During his association of almost 15 years with the IGNOU, Prof. Pant has served as the Director Computing and has been the Member of All Bodies (i.e. School boards, Academic council, Planning board, Finance committee and the Board of management).
With his interest in Law, backed with practice of Law in a High Court, and his basic training in Science and IT, Prof. Pant has been particularly interested in the Cyber Law, Patent & trade mark issues, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues etc. and has been involved with many activities, conferences on “Law & IT”
Prof. Pant is presently;
• Advisor to Media Lab Asia - Chairman of working group on ICT for Education, chairman of PRSG handling projects on ICT for education.
• Lead Consultant for an ADB funded project for ICT in Basic Education in Uzbekistan
• Member of the drafting Group for India’s National Policy on ICT in education
• Chairman of the group creating books for class 11 and 12 students on ‘Computers and Communication Technology’ appointed by the NCERT
• Preparing a ‘Theme Paper” for the NCTE in the area of ICT and Teacher Training
• Advisor and mentor to several leading Indian and Multi-national Companies in the area of education.
Prof. Pant has in the recent past been ;
• Member – Board of Management – I I T, Delhi for 6 years (two consecutive terms)
• One-man committee to create the Project Report & Legislation for Delhi IT-enabled Open University
• Advisor to the Delhi Government on Asian Network of Major Cities Project (ANMC-21) distance learning project in association with Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
• Chairman Board of Studies, All India Management Association
With his mission to create and implement new business opportunities in the area of e-learning & learning facilitation, Prof. Pant has promoted Planet EDU Pvt. Ltd., as its Founder & Chairman, along with a team of highly experienced and skilled professionals from Education & Training, Operations, IT and Finance.