Quantum Readiness: Friday evening talks
Friday evening talks are on Quantum phenomena.
We are currently at the start of a second quantum revolution, that will shape science and the world economy, re-defining the speed, and scale of scientific and technological expansion. Quantum Technologies are the next big opportunity. The White House report on 7th October 2020: https://quantumzeitgeist.com/summary-of-white-houses-new-report-on-quantum-computing/?fbclid=IwAR0LgusOpDwDl26269TQimZJaAxKiUj1xE0ZIOnwvPgj-ozvf6TdesG4vx8
The trillion dollar Quantum gold rush: https://youtu.be/wKN8wBl4X1M
The time slot for my scheduled WhatsApp posts is between 8pm to 9pm IST (GMT+5:30)on Fridays. But you can access them at any later time as per your convenience. My posts will remain there until you deliberately delete them.
Schedule of these Friday WhatsApp talks for November and December 2020.
The Quantum Track: on Friday evenings
WEET01: Quantum Magic : Friday 6th November and Friday 4th December
WEET02: Quantum Concepts: Friday 13th November and Friday 11th December
WEET03: Quantum Computing: Friday 20th November and Friday 18th December
WEET04: Quantum Biology: Friday 27th November and Friday 25th December
Brief descriptors :
WEET01: Quantum Magic
The purpose of this one hour session is to illustrate the Quantum magic that leads from Quantum surprises to Quantum devices. While many Physicists have said that quantum mechanics is magic, the same expression is not used, for example, for relativity, classical mechanics, geology, chemistry or biology. But from semi-conductors to superconductors, photosynthesis and our sense of smell to the migration of birds, Quantum Magic is all around us.
WEET02: Quantum Concepts
The building blocks of Quantum technologies are wave-particle duality, superposition, spin, quantum tunnelling and entanglement. Quantum engineers work on practically implementing them. This one hour session attempts to describe these concepts. An appreciation of the key concepts is critical because Quantum is no longer about the very small, but also about macroscopic phenomena such as superconductivity and Quantum Biology.
WEET03: Quantum Computing
This one hour session is about the nature and future of Quantum Computing. With Quantum Supremacy having been demonstrated by Google in October 2019, and the global race for solving really difficult problems of new materials, better batteries, pharmaceutical products and coping with climate change, this is perhaps the most exciting knowledge domain. Quantum Computing will drive the future acceleration in the economy re-defining its speed and scale.
WEET04: Quantum Biology
Quantum biology is an emerging field with the current research being theoretical that requires further experimentation. Though the field has only recently received much attention, it has been conceptualized by physicists throughout the 20th century. Quantum biology is concerned with the influence of non-trivial quantum phenomena in living systems. One of the promising real-world application of Quantum Biology is more-efficient solar cells.
Course access and delivery process:
- A WhatsApp group will be created for each talk. The group formation is not contingent on a minimum number enrolled. Even if there is only one person enrolled for a particular slot of a course, the course will be delivered to that person.
- I will be making my posts during the scheduled time slot of 8pm to 9pm IST(GMT+5:30). These posts may be in the form of text, images of PowerPoint slides, my audios, my videos or curated videos of others… But if you are unable to join the group during that time, you can access them at any later time as well. They will remain there until you deliberately delete them.
- About 10 minutes before the scheduled time of my posts I will post a message to the effect that the session is about to begin
- If any course participant has a query, question or observation, they may go ahead and make it right there. If this concerns the whole group, please make it in the group. If it is meant as a message to me, then please send me a direct message rather than posting it in the group.
- If I can make a quick short and effective response, without losing the thread of the conversation, I will respond right then, else I will pool all these and make a special post in response.
- Towards the end of the session I will share the PowerPoint slides as a pdf file that can be used in ways that the learners find convenient.
- You may keep posting your queries and comments even after the scheduled time for my posts is over. All the posts and conversations ( including audio) will remain with you until you consciously and deliberately delete them. This is the greatest advantage of this method
Enrolment and fee payment:
- As the courses are being delivered through WhatsApp the enrolment process is simply that of sending a WhatsApp message to Prof MM Pant at +919810073724.
- The fee for each of the above courses is Rs 500/- and can be easily remitted through PayTM to MM Pant ( mobile number : +919810073724).
- For those who would rather pay into a Bank account, the relevant information is :
- Madan Mohan Pant
- HDFC Bank, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector 39, Gurgaon
- (The account number is 26451 followed by six zeroes followed by 301)
To know more, please send a WhatsApp message to Prof MM Pant at +919810073724