Just two months after its release, in November 2022, ChatGPT reached over 100 million users in January 2023. This, and similar AI chatbots based on LLMs have the potential to permanently transform education, as had been projected in Sir Anthony Seldon’s book : The fourth education revolution.
ChatGPT is a free tool that anyone with a device and internet can use — making it widely accessible, especially for students who, at this point, are all digital natives.
When a human user inputs questions or commands into ChatGPT, the AI processes the text and generates the answer based on the neural network data.
The Indian National missions in education are being guided by Goal4 of the SDGs, the Indian NEP 2020 and the current deliberations of the G-20 education working group. And ChatGPT seems to the right stimulus provided by the technology in analogy to what IBM had done for the US 1880 census operations.
Some education Institutions have hastily reacted by banning or restricting the use of chatGPT to preserve the integrity of the traditional examination, whereas educators should lead by changing the form of examinations and their assessment. Maybe by assessing the questions that a student asks chatGPT.
In addition to the sound pedagogical reasons for treating ChatGPT as an opportunity and not a threat, there are practical ones as well. It simply isn’t feasible to effectively ban access to this technology. Honor code or not, many students will be unable to resist the temptation to seek AI assistance with their writing. And how would an educational institution enforce a ChatGPT ban?
This WhatsApp course is offered in the 1st weekend of every month beginning with : March 4th and 5th
The themes for the flow of posts on these 2 days are:
Day 1: What is chatGPT and why the buzz?
1.1: The huge adoption of GPT
1.2: From Eliza to chatGPT
1.3: Similar products
1.4: The promise of chatGPT in education
1.5: The red flags
Day 2: Impact of chatGPT in education
2.1: Key activities in the classroom
2.2: Course syllabus and outlines
2.3: Personalised Learning
2.4: Assessments and GPT
2.5: Academic cheating and chatGPT
Enrolment and fee payment:
* As the course is delivered through WhatsApp the enrolment process is simply to send a WhatsApp message to Prof MM Pant at +919810073724.
* The fee for each of the above courses is Rs 1000/- and can be easily remitted through PayTM to MM Pant ( mobile number : +919810073724).
* For those who would rather pay into a Bank account, the relevant information is :
* Madan Mohan Pant
* HDFC Bank, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector 39, Gurgaon
Prof. M.M.Pant has a Ph.D in Computational Physics, along with a Professional Law Degree, and has been a practitioner in the fields of Law, IT enabled education and IT implementation.
Drawing upon his experience in world class international institutions and having taught in various modes of Face-to-Face, Distance Learning and Technology Enhanced Training, Prof. Pant is now exploring the nature of institutions which will be successors to the IITs, which represented the 1960s, IIMs, which represented the 1970 and Open Universities which were the rage of 1980s & 90s.
He believes that the convergence between various media and technologies would fundamentally alter the way learning would be created, packaged, and delivered to learners. His current activities are all directed toward actual implementation of these new age educational initiatives that transform education in the post Internet post WTO era..
Prof. Pant, has been a Former Pro-Vice Chancellor, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and has been on the faculty of IIT – Kanpur (the premier Engineering institution in India), MLNR Engineering College and Faculty & Visiting Professor - University of Western Ontario-Canada.
He has been visiting scientist to research centers in Italy, England, Germany & Sweden and has delivered international lectures with about 80 papers published.
During his association of almost 15 years with the IGNOU, Prof. Pant has served as the Director Computing and has been the Member of All Bodies (i.e. School boards, Academic council, Planning board, Finance committee and the Board of management).
With his interest in Law, backed with practice of Law in a High Court, and his basic training in Science and IT, Prof. Pant has been particularly interested in the Cyber Law, Patent & trade mark issues, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues etc. and has been involved with many activities, conferences on “Law & IT”
Prof. Pant is presently;
• Advisor to Media Lab Asia - Chairman of working group on ICT for Education, chairman of PRSG handling projects on ICT for education.
• Lead Consultant for an ADB funded project for ICT in Basic Education in Uzbekistan
• Member of the drafting Group for India’s National Policy on ICT in education
• Chairman of the group creating books for class 11 and 12 students on ‘Computers and Communication Technology’ appointed by the NCERT
• Preparing a ‘Theme Paper” for the NCTE in the area of ICT and Teacher Training
• Advisor and mentor to several leading Indian and Multi-national Companies in the area of education.
Prof. Pant has in the recent past been ;
• Member – Board of Management – I I T, Delhi for 6 years (two consecutive terms)
• One-man committee to create the Project Report & Legislation for Delhi IT-enabled Open University
• Advisor to the Delhi Government on Asian Network of Major Cities Project (ANMC-21) distance learning project in association with Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
• Chairman Board of Studies, All India Management Association
With his mission to create and implement new business opportunities in the area of e-learning & learning facilitation, Prof. Pant has promoted Planet EDU Pvt. Ltd., as its Founder & Chairman, along with a team of highly experienced and skilled professionals from Education & Training, Operations, IT and Finance.