The title of this post may seem like an impossibility, but it is a good idea to give it serious thought as with increasing longevity, many people will have perhaps as many or more post retirement years, as the number of years spent working in a traditional job role.
We all seek happiness, success and fulfilment in our lives. But most of our life is spent around getting ourselves educated to get a ‘traditional’ job, working at such jobs till retirement and then a post – retirement life. With extending lifespans and rapid changes in the ‘ abundance’ around us, the model of traditional jobs as the central theme of life will change towards flourishing and thriving and not merely surviving of Darwin.
We have seen times when the most common form of having income was to work for someone as an employee in a job. But there are possibilities of income without being in a traditional job. Passive income happens while you are asleep, while you are watching movies on television or without your input whatsoever. The establishment of an Intellectual Property Regime allows one to benefit from development of such products for a long time.
I have developed a WhatsApp delivered weekend course to spread awareness of the possibilities. Of course, these ideas will take time to be realised and yield results.
The first edition of this weekend course is on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th March, and thereafter it will be on every 4th weekend of the month.
The flow of topics over these 2 days is as follows:
Day 1: What is a good life?
1.1: Socrates on ‘ an unexamined life is not worth living’.
1.2: Aristotle’s idea of living well
1.3: Purushartha : Artha, Dharma, Kaam and Moksha; yogic concept of aparigraha and asteya
1.4: The Japanese concept of Ikigai
1.5: The Harvard Study
Day 2: Investing for a good life
2.2: Limitations of a traditional job
2.3: An investment in education gives the best returns
2.4: Voltaire: One must cultivate one’s own garden
2.5: Developing and profiting from your ‘ Intellectual Property’
Enrolment and fee payment:
* As the course is delivered through WhatsApp the enrolment process is simply to send a WhatsApp message to Prof MM Pant at +919810073724.
* The fee for the above course is Rs 1000/- and can be easily remitted through PayTM to MM Pant ( mobile number : +919810073724).
* For those who would rather pay into a Bank account, the relevant information is :
* Madan Mohan Pant
* HDFC Bank, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector 39, Gurgaon
* (The account number is 26451 followed by six zeroes followed by 301)
To know more, please send a WhatsApp message to Prof MM Pant at +919810073724
Prof. M.M.Pant has a Ph.D in Computational Physics, along with a Professional Law Degree, and has been a practitioner in the fields of Law, IT enabled education and IT implementation.
Drawing upon his experience in world class international institutions and having taught in various modes of Face-to-Face, Distance Learning and Technology Enhanced Training, Prof. Pant is now exploring the nature of institutions which will be successors to the IITs, which represented the 1960s, IIMs, which represented the 1970 and Open Universities which were the rage of 1980s & 90s.
He believes that the convergence between various media and technologies would fundamentally alter the way learning would be created, packaged, and delivered to learners. His current activities are all directed toward actual implementation of these new age educational initiatives that transform education in the post Internet post WTO era..
Prof. Pant, has been a Former Pro-Vice Chancellor, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and has been on the faculty of IIT – Kanpur (the premier Engineering institution in India), MLNR Engineering College and Faculty & Visiting Professor - University of Western Ontario-Canada.
He has been visiting scientist to research centers in Italy, England, Germany & Sweden and has delivered international lectures with about 80 papers published.
During his association of almost 15 years with the IGNOU, Prof. Pant has served as the Director Computing and has been the Member of All Bodies (i.e. School boards, Academic council, Planning board, Finance committee and the Board of management).
With his interest in Law, backed with practice of Law in a High Court, and his basic training in Science and IT, Prof. Pant has been particularly interested in the Cyber Law, Patent & trade mark issues, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues etc. and has been involved with many activities, conferences on “Law & IT”
Prof. Pant is presently;
• Advisor to Media Lab Asia - Chairman of working group on ICT for Education, chairman of PRSG handling projects on ICT for education.
• Lead Consultant for an ADB funded project for ICT in Basic Education in Uzbekistan
• Member of the drafting Group for India’s National Policy on ICT in education
• Chairman of the group creating books for class 11 and 12 students on ‘Computers and Communication Technology’ appointed by the NCERT
• Preparing a ‘Theme Paper” for the NCTE in the area of ICT and Teacher Training
• Advisor and mentor to several leading Indian and Multi-national Companies in the area of education.
Prof. Pant has in the recent past been ;
• Member – Board of Management – I I T, Delhi for 6 years (two consecutive terms)
• One-man committee to create the Project Report & Legislation for Delhi IT-enabled Open University
• Advisor to the Delhi Government on Asian Network of Major Cities Project (ANMC-21) distance learning project in association with Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
• Chairman Board of Studies, All India Management Association
With his mission to create and implement new business opportunities in the area of e-learning & learning facilitation, Prof. Pant has promoted Planet EDU Pvt. Ltd., as its Founder & Chairman, along with a team of highly experienced and skilled professionals from Education & Training, Operations, IT and Finance.