The AI-ready educator: Concept note:
Attributes of an AI-ready educator:
- Has a Deep Learning mindset ( well versed in deep learning techniques of Machine Learning as well as pedagogy of mastery learning and learning in depth).
- Is familiar and well acquainted with commercially available solutions for deploying AI in education and their best use situations.
- Can be actively involved in creating be-spoke solutions for a specific context.
To produce about 500 AI-ready educators over 2020 to 2022.
Year 1: 2020 : 100
Yesr 2: 2021 : 150
Tear 3: 2022 : 250
A year long program structured as 2 terms of 24 weeks each.
The remaining 4 weeks for catching up time, vacations and other holidays.
One theme per week.
List of themes :
Term 1: 24 weeks ( 6 clusters)
Broad features :
- Two 24 week terms
- Structured as 1 week modules
- Aggregated as 12 clusters, spread over 2 terms, a cluster being capable of pursued in about a month.
1: Learning how to learn? A one month program on becoming an effective self-directed learner.
2: The AI4educators course : a one month awareness course for all educators.
Proposed list of weeklong modules:
Cluster A: AI in education: applications and implications
- A1: Why teachers must know AI?
- A2: The AI empowered Teacher
- A3: AI in Assessment
- A4: Levels of AI implementation
Cluster B: Mathematical Foundations
- B1: Linear Algebra : scalars, vectors, matrices and tensors
- B2: Calculus for Machine Learning
- B3: Statistics and Probability : Bayesian
- B4: Optimisation Techniques
Cluster C: The tools of AI/ML
- C1: Machine Learning : the main algorithms
- C2: Artificial Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- C3: Reinforcement Learning
- C4: Ensemble learning
Cluster D: Python for Machine Learnintg
- D1: Basics of Python syntax
- D2: Why Python for Machine Learning ?
- D3: numpy, scipy and scikit-learn
- D4: Python for KNN classification
Cluster E: Chatbots in Education
- E1: Possible usage of chatbots in education
- E2: Chatbot as a teaching agent
- E3: Creating your own chatbot
- E4: Deploying your chatbot
Cluster F: Special topics :
- F1: Reinforcement Learning
- F2: Convolutional Neural Networks
- F3: Ensemble Learning
- F4: Generative Adversarial Networks
Cluster G: AI empowered assessment
- G1: Limitations of traditional assessment
- G2: Features of AI empowered assessment
- G3: Readymade AI assessment products
- G4: AI assessment and ethics
Cluster H: AI empowered content personalisation
- H1: Traditional education promotes homogenisation
- H2: Features of content personalisation
- H3: Off the shelf content personalisation products
- H4: Interpretation and explain ability of Machine Learning
Cluster I: The IBM Watson and other cloud services
- I1: Watson content curation services
- I2: Watson natural language processing
- I3: Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit
- I4: Google TensorFlow
Cluster J: Solutions
- J1: Amazon Sagemaker
- J2: Amazon DeepLens
- J3: Google AIY
- J4: Raspberry Pi for AI
Cluster K: Unlocking the Commercial Value of Knowledge :
- K1: Fundamentals of Solo Entrepreneurship
- K2: Habits and dispositions of successful leaders
- K3: The path to a millionaire educator
- K4: The path to a billion dollar company
The themes and topics may be tweaked to align to new developments, as well as the needs of the learners ( educators)