Learning How to Learn: LHTL
About the program:
The NEP 2020 at para 4.4 states that its thrust will be to move the education system towards real understanding and learning how to learn – and away from the culture of rote learning. Its goal will be to create holistic and well-rounded individuals equipped with key 21st-century skills. Learning how to learn is perhaps the most important 21st Century Skill. Once a person has ‘learnt how to learn’ the person is on the way to become an autonomous learner, saving both time and money in the lifelong learning journey. Robert Frost, the famous poet and Professor said “ I am not a teacher, I am an awakener”. And Richard Feynman in his famous “ Lectures on Physics” quoted Edward Gibbons ‘ and the power of instruction is of little efficacy except in those fortunate dispositions, where it is almost superfluous’.
This course is designed for learners in classes 9 to 12 of traditional education, although precocious learners of earlier classes will benefit more. And those who missed the opportunity of ‘ Learning How to Learn’ during their School years could benefit from this, during their post-secondary education.
The course begins with drawing attention to learning, and distinguishes between the learning of facts, concepts, processes etc.
It dwells on how technology in general, and AI in particular can help in making a better learner. It also describes the different levels of self-learning that a person moves through on the journey of becoming a better self-learner.
This is a one month ( 4 weeks) program comprising approximately one hour sessions from Monday to Friday every week, a total of 20 sessions. The weekends are for reflection and practicing the principles, practices and techniques shared during the week.
Course access and delivery process:
* A Whats App group will be created for each edition of the program. Fresh cohorts ( batches) are created on the first Monday of every month. The group formation is not contingent on a minimum number being enrolled. The program will be delivered, even if there is only one participant, enrolled, for a particular month.
- At a time that will be announced in the WhatsApp group, I will be posting the course content. The posts may consist of text, images of PowerPoint slides, my audios, videos or curated videos.
- If any course participant has a query, question or observation, and if it concerns the whole group, (s)he may raise it, instantly, within the Group.
- However, if it is meant as a message to the Course Administrator only, please prefer sending a direct message, rather than posting it in the group.
- If I can make a quick, short and effective response, without losing the thread of the conversation,I will respond immediately, else I will respond later.
- All the posts and conversations (including audio) will remain with you until you consciously and deliberately delete them. This is the greatest advantage of this method
Week 1: Challenges of learning how to learn?
LHTL1: Barriers to learning : types of learning
LHTL2: Levels of autonomous learners
LHTL3: Reading: the most essential skill
LHTL4: Improving Reading Proficiency
LHTL5: Reducing Maths Anxiety/Phobia
Week 2: Attributes of successful learners
LHTL6: Habits fostering successful Learning
LHTL7: Overcoming Procrastination and efficient time-management
L2SL8: Grit: Focus, perseverance and persistence
LHTL10: Study Less, Study Smart
Week 3: Techniques for Learning How to Learn
LHTL11: A stepwise approach: The Feynman technique
LHTL12: Switching between social learning and individual learning
LHTL13: Building Learning Power: Ultralearning
LHTL14: Learning while you sleep
LHTL15: Learning Difficult Concepts (Mind-maps)
Week 4: The 21st Century Learner’s Toolkit
LHTL16: Learning from WhatsApp, other mobile apps, Internet and MOOCs
LHTL17: Learning from Wikipedia, and related sites
LHTL18: Learning from YouTube,AR,VR
LHTL19: Duolingo and other AI powered Learning Apps
LHTL20: Learning more about Learning How to Learn
Fresh batches of this 4 week program begin on the first Monday of every month. The next cohort will start from Monday December 6th 2021.
In order to enroll for the Programme, please send a WhatsApp message, with the following text: ‘LHTL’ to +91 98100 73724.
Please do mention your name and WhatsApp mobile number on which you would like to pursue the programme through WhatsApp
You will be included in the cohort beginning from the nearest cohort to your request date.
The Programme Fee of Rs. 5000/– (Rupees Five thousand only) may be remitted by PayTM to mobile number 9810073724 or deposited into the following Bank account:
Name: Madan Mohan Pant
HDFC Bank Account No. : 26451000000301*
*(The account number is 26451 followed by six zeroes followed by 301)
Address: HDFC Bank, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector 39, Gurgaon
Should you desire to know more, please WhatsApp, your query to :
Prof. M. M. Pant at +91 98100 73724