Quantum computing has gone from science fiction to foreseeable reality within our lifetime. From Google to IBM, China to the U.S. — everyone everywhere seems fixated on realizing the power of quantum computing.
The Covid 19 pandemic had established remote learning as a means of learning. While some may quibble about its effectiveness in imparting traditional ( read obsolete and irrelevant) knowledge, there is no doubt that it is the only method to be future ready and abreast of emerging technologies and skills. And the number one technology today is Quantum Technology, and while it is relatively easy to learn about it on your own, the formal system has nothing to bring widespread awareness about its importance and significance. I have created what I call a “ Learning Ramp” for Quantum Technologies.
Quantum physics is a gateway to a lifelong love of science!
This course is not so much about Teaching Quantum Mechanics but more about how one can learn it and why.An important purpose of this course is to develop pride in our own Scientists and their fundamental contributions at the Quantum level which have been unjustly ignored. Raman effect for which Sir CV Raman was conferred the Nobel Prize in 1930 was essentially a ‘Quantum’ effect. Satyendra Bose after whom a class of particles have been named Bosons has also made signal contributions. And in the world of Quantum Computing, a famous algorithm was developed by Luv Grover.
Just like the IITs created in the 1960s transformed the slide-rule wielding engineer to the complex problem solver, who made wide impact, learners who wish to be future ready will lead the world in the field of Quantum Machine Learning, drawing upon the twin engines of Machine Learning and Quantum Technologies.
Week1: The magic of Quantum
Week 2: Key Quantum Concepts
Week 3: Quantum Computing
Week 4: Quantum Biology and other Quantum Technologies
Structured as 20 WhatsApp delivered sessions of about an hour each
Week 1: The Magic of Quantum
Session 1: Pre-Quantum mysteries
Session 2: The dramatis personae in Quantum Mechanics
Session 3: Quantum Phenomenon in everyday life
Session 4: Quantum technologies around you
Session 5: India’s contribution to Quantum
Week 2: Key Quantum Concepts
Session 6: Wave-particle duality and uncertainty principle
Session 7: Spin
Session 8: Superposition
Session 9: Quantum Tunnelling
Session 10: Quantum Entanglement
Week 3: Quantum Computing :
Session 11: Quantum Computing in the news
Session 12: Key components of Quantum Computing
Session 13: Approaches to Quantum Computing
Session 14: Quantum algorithms and Quantum Software
Session 15: Applications of Quantum Computing
Week 4: Quantum Biology and other Quantum Technologies:
Session 16: The emergence and promise of Quantum Biology
Session 17: Quantum Sensors
Session 18: The second Quantum Revolution
Session 19: The expectations from Quantum Technologies
Session 20: Learning Quantum on your own…it’s possible!
Course access and delivery model:
- A couple of days before the scheduled start of the course, a WhatsApp group will be created with the participants of the course as members. The group formation is not contingent on a minimum number enrolled. Even if there is only one person enrolled for a particular slot of a course, the course will be delivered to that person.
- I will be making a number of posts during the scheduled time slots. These posts may be in the form of text, images of PowerPoint slides, my audios, my videos or curated videos of others…
- About 10 minutes before the scheduled time of my posts I will post a message to the effect that the session is about to begin. The default time slot for my WhatsApp posts is from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm, making it a useful investment during your lunch break.
- If any course participant has a query, question or observation, they may go ahead and make it right there. If this concerns the whole group, please make it in the group. If it is meant as a message to me, then please send me a direct message rather than posting it in the group.
- If I can make a quick short and effective response, without losing the thread of the conversation, I will respond right then, else I will pool all these and make a special post in response.
- Towards the end of the session I will share the PowerPoint slides as a pdf file that can be used in ways that the learners find convenient.
- You may keep posting your queries and comments even after the scheduled time for my posts is over. All the posts and conversations ( including audio) will remain with you until you consciously and deliberately delete them. This is the greatest advantage of this method
Enrolment and fee payment:
- As the course is being delivered through WhatsApp the enrolment process is simply that of sending a WhatsApp message to Prof MM Pant at +919810073724.
- The fee for the month-long course is Rs 5000/- ,and can be easily remitted through PayTM to MM Pant ( mobile number : +919810073724).
- For those who would rather pay into a Bank account, the relevant information is :
- Madan Mohan Pant
- HDFC Bank, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector 39, Gurgaon
- (The account number is 26451 followed by six zeroes followed by 301)
To know more, contact Prof. MM Pant by sending him a WhatsApp message at : +919810073724