Weekend for the purpose of these programs is Saturday and Sunday.
The Saturday evening talks are on Learning and the Sunday evening talks are on Thinking.
The time slot for my scheduled posts is between 8pm to 9pm. But you can access them at any later time as per your convenience. My posts will remain there until you deliberately delete them.
Schedule of these WhatsApp talks for December 2020.
The Learning Track: on Saturday evenings
WEET01: Awaken the Learner Within: Saturday 5th December
WEET02: The Usefulness of Useless Knowledge: Saturday 12th December
WEET03: How Artificial Intelligence will transform Learning?: Saturday 19th December
WEET04: Questioneering??: Saturday 26th December
The Thinking Track: on Sunday evenings
WEET05: Avoiding Natural Stupidity : Sunday 6th December
WEET06: Ideas: their creation and spread:Sunday 13th December
WEET07: Developing Foresight: Sunday 20th December
WEET08: Thinking Clearly: Sunday 27th December
Brief course descriptors :
WEET01: Awaken the learner within:
We are all ‘born learners’ but many factors and experiences make us reluctant and passive learners. This one hour session will rekindle in you the desire to learn well, and forever. There is a bit of warning here also of “use it or lose it”. You wouldn’t want your brain to become a ‘vestigial’ organ, like the appendix; being there but serving no useful purpose.
WEET02: The Usefulness of Useless Knowledge
The search for answers to deep questions, motivated solely by curiosity and without concern for applications, often leads not only to the greatest scientific discoveries but also to the most revolutionary technological breakthroughs. In short, no quantum mechanics, no computer chips, or no prime numbers, no cyber-security.
WEET03: How Artificial Intelligence will transform Learning?
This recently all pervasive technology has been portrayed as the ultimate evil or the final saviour. The truth naturally will be somewhere in the middle. This session deliberates on how AI will transform learning to serve humanity in an unprecedented manner.
We were not only born learners, but naturally curious with a lot of questions. Research shows that children ask hundreds of questions every day. The growing up process required that we stop questioning and accepting the various authorities. This session draws attention to the importance of asking questions and how one becomes wiser for having asked good questions.
WEET05: Avoiding Natural Stupidity
The literal opposite of Artificial Intelligence is natural stupidity, and you would be surprised by its pervasiveness. Even if we may not be have the help of AI technologies to empower ourselves, we could significantly improve our lives, if we could cut down on the natural stupidity prevailing in our lives.
WEET06: Ideas: their creation and spread
It is widely believed that we have evolved from hunter-gatherers, agricultural, industrial to a post industrial society driven by creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. And ideas are the currency of such a society. The goal of this session this is to give you pointers and examples of how you could play an important role in both generation of new ideas, as well as being a propagator or evangelist of useful ideas generated by others.
WEET07: Developing Foresight
All of us can learn to anticipate the future. All sportsperson playing cricket, football or tennis for example have to guess ( successfully) where the ball is headed. Foresight is the secret ingredient of all success, because without foresight we cannot prepare for the future.
WEET08: Thinking clearly
Thinking clearly is an ability that is acquired by deliberate practice. It is often said that we need to learn how to think rather than what to think. There are often errors that creep into our thinking process-ranging from cognitive biases to envy and social distortions. This session points to such possible errors in our thinking process, and provides guidance on how to avoid them.
Course access and delivery process:
- A WhatsApp group will be created for each talk. The group formation is not contingent on a minimum number enrolled. Even if there is only one person enrolled for a particular slot of a course, the course will be delivered to that person.
- I will be making my posts during the scheduled time slot of 8pm to 9pm. These posts may be in the form of text, images of PowerPoint slides, my audios, my videos or curated videos of others… But if you are unable to join the group during that time, you can access them at any later time as well. They will remain there until you deliberately delete them.
- About 10 minutes before the scheduled time of my posts I will post a message to the effect that the session is about to begin
- If any course participant has a query, question or observation, they may go ahead and make it right there. If this concerns the whole group, please make it in the group. If it is meant as a message to me, then please send me a direct message rather than posting it in the group.
- If I can make a quick short and effective response, without losing the thread of the conversation, I will respond right then, else I will pool all these and make a special post in response.
- Towards the end of the session I will share the PowerPoint slides as a pdf file that can be used in ways that the learners find convenient.
- You may keep posting your queries and comments even after the scheduled time for my posts is over. All the posts and conversations ( including audio) will remain with you until you consciously and deliberately delete them. This is the greatest advantage of this method
Enrolment and fee payment:
- As the courses are being delivered through WhatsApp the enrolment process is simply that of sending a WhatsApp message to Prof MM Pant at +919810073724.
- The fee for each of the above courses is Rs 500/- and can be easily remitted through PayTM to MM Pant ( mobile number : +919810073724).
- For those who would rather pay into a Bank account, the relevant information is :
- Madan Mohan Pant
- HDFC Bank, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector 39, Gurgaon
- (The account number is 26451 followed by six zeroes followed by 301)
To know more, please send a WhatsApp message to Prof MM Pant at +919810073724